1. Open up your music player. Hit shuffle.
2. Record the first few lines of the first thirty songs that come up that do not give away the name of the song. Skip instrumentals, but don't skip the embarrassing ones.
3. Make hapless LJ denizens guess the song names and artists. Google is cheating. For musical songs, the name of the musical is acceptable in place of the artist.
4. Least hapless LJ denizen wins admiration. That's right, just like a lobbyist in budget season, the points don't matter.
1. You, you think it's cool to be crazy
I say, "You're born rich? Stay rich."
There's no point in taking chances.
2. Ibabeni njalo bakithi
Ninga phelelwa nga mandla
Siya ba bona
Bebe fun' ukusi xeda
3. Upstairs, two flights up, looking out on the street.
For eighty-six fifty a month it's mine,
It may not be much but it's mine.
4. God is a Concept by which
we measure our pain
I'll say it again
God is a Concept by which
we measure our pain
5. They say this youth has set my lady's heart aflame!
His Lordship sure would die of shock!
His Lordship is a laughingstock!
Should he suspect her, God protect her!
Shame! Shame! Shame!
6. So many years have gone by
Always strong, tried not to cry
Never felt like I needed any man
To comfort me in life
But I'm all made up today
A veil upon my face
But no father stands beside me
To give his bride away
So enemies beware!
I've never seen a king of beasts
With quite so little hair
8. I was five and he was six
We rode on horses made of sticks
He wore black and I wore white
He would always win the fight
9. Thinking back, thinking of you
Summertime, think it was June
Yeah think it was June
Laying back, head on the grass
Chewing gum, having some laughs
Yeah having some laughs
10. When they finally come to destroy the Earth
They'll have to go through you first
I bet they won't be expecting that
When they finally come to destroy the Earth
They'll have to deal with you first
11. I watched the proverbial sunrise
Coming up over the Pacific and
You might think I'm losing my mind
But I will shy away from the specifics
Forget these wide-eyed fears
I'm here, nothing can harm you
My words will warm and calm you
13. I don't know why I'm frightened
I know my way around here
The cardboard trees, the painted seas, the sound here
Yes, a world to rediscover
But I'm not in any hurry
And I need a moment
14. Now we pledge ourselves to hold this barricade
Let them come in their legions
And they will be met
Have faith in yourselves
And don't be afraid
Let's give 'em a screwing
They'll never forget!
15. Love is like quicksand
It's always bringing me down
I still keep coming back for more
And like an addiction
One is never enough
I'm like a junkie at your door
He was not afraid to die, O brave Sir Robin!
He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways
Brave brave brave brave Sir Robin!
17. Now if I help you, it matters that you see
These sordid kinda things are coming hard to me.
It's taken me some time to work out what to do.
I weighed the whole thing out before I came to you.
I have no thought at all about my own reward.
I really didn't come here of my own accord.
18. She's a good girl, loves her mama
Loves Jesus and America too
She's a good girl, crazy 'bout Elvis
Loves horses and her boyfriend too
19. Declare this an emergency
Come on and spread a sense of urgency
And pull us through
And pull us through
And this is the end, the end
This is the end of the world
Do you think you can find it?
Or did you trade it for something
Somewhere better just to have it?
21. Words fall out of my mouth
And I can't seem to trace what I'm saying
Everybody wants your time
I'm just dreaming out loud,
I can't have you for mine and I know it
I just wanna watch you shine.
Roger, this is your mother
Roger, honey, I don't get these postcards
Moving to Santa Fe! Back in New York, starting a rock band!
23. I got troubled thoughts
And the self-esteem to match
What a catch, what a catch
25. Stranger than your sympathy
And this is my apology
I killed myself from the inside out
And all my fears have pushed you out
26. I wanna talk to you.
(The last time we talked, Mr. Smith,
You reduced me to tears.
I promise you, it won't happen again.)
27. Transmitted... signals coming through? ...okay.
echo echo one-nine
hear the call through fault lines
smoke signals, old rhymes
shorted lights in store signs
spelled in a broken code
いつが行く準備いいＡＲＥ ＹＯＵ ＲＥＡＤＹ？
And just look at you, you can do all I couldn't do, Glinda.
So now it's up to you, for both of us. Now it's up to you.
Shines down upon you
May it be when darkness falls
Your heart will be true
You walk a lonely road
Oh how far you are from home